Upcoming EventsJoin Us for WVAA Events
WVAA is partnering with Multifamily Insiders, bringing its members to access to Webinar Wednesday, the largest premium live webinar series in the industry. Being a member of the WVAA members will have access to industry thought leaders to discuss innovative ideas, best practices, and emerging industry trends. These live webinars will give participants the tools they need to become industry superstars and are designed to impact revenue and profitability at their apartment communities.
The webinars cover industry trends and timely topics that benefit both on and offsite staff. For a full list click here.
Webinar Wednesday, FREE to members of the WVAA! Now, what are you waiting for, become a member today!
Sign up for access to Webinar Wednesdays by sending us an email at email@example.com
OCTOBER 13th, 2020
Five Must-Do Project Steps for Industry Professionals
(CLICK TO REGISTER: https://www.naahq.org/education-careers/online-learning/webinars/project-steps-for-industry-professionals)
OCTOBER 14th, 2020
Multicultural in Rental Housing
(CLICK TO REGISTER: https://www.naahq.org/education-careers/online-learning/webinars/multicultural-rental-housing)
Make Real Connections at Our Premier Virtual Event
We’re happy to introduce APTvirtual! By going virtual, more of the rental housing industry can come together than ever before by connecting online — because we have some big challenges to tackle this year. It’s all of the value, with none of the travel!
Spread across five manageable half-days, the APTvirtual experience incorporates:
- 77 breakout sessions live-streamed and on-demand with interactive polling, live text chat and video Q&A. Earn CEC credit, too!
- 5 TED-style Game Changer sessions that launch each day with big insipring stories of grit, adaptability, leading through change and envisioning the possible
- Happy Hours, speed networking and Braindates with people who share your interests
- Breaks between sessions for wellness labs, entertainment, or just time to check in with your team
- Virtual NAA Exposition with set hours for one-on-one and small group video meetings with suppliers every day
2021 NAA ADVOCATE INFORMATION – COMING SOON
2020 LOBBY DAY HIGHLIGHTS
Lobby Day Issues
This year’s legislative priorities center around housing affordability and making real progress on increasing supply and preventing adverse policies from taking hold. We will be asking advocates to talk to Congress about:
- Yes in My Backyard (YIMBY) Act (S. 1919/H.R. 4351): bipartisan legislation in the House and Senate encourages the elimination of discriminatory land use policies and removal of barriers that prevent needed housing from being built. NOTE: On March 2, The U.S. House passed H.R. 4351! We will ask Advocate participants to ask for support of S. 1919 in the Senate and add an ask on an Infrastructure bill to their House visits.
- Infrastructure-Build More Housing Near Transit Act (H.R. 4307): bipartisan legislation would ensure that housing is a higher priority in federally funded transit projects.
- Section 8 Reform: streamlining the program to enable more owners and operators to provide more homes to individuals who qualify for vouchers.
- Evictions: work to provide meaningful assistance to residents who need it, while avoiding burdensome new requirements.
Advocate is the one time a year when hundreds of NAA members take to the Hill to share the rental housing industry’s key Federal priorities with Congress. To have the greatest impact, we’ve got all the information you need on how to set up your meeting as well as effectively communicate with your Member of Congress before, during and after your meeting. The following tutorial will tell you everything you need to know about setting up your meeting and making it a success!
*Please note you will be prompted to log in to NAA in order to access the tutorial. If you are an NAA member and have login issues, please call 1-833-86-MYNAA.
What To Do After Lobby Day
Feedback from your Lobby Day meetings is critical to advocacy and it’s never too late to share your feedback! Check back here closer to the conference for a short survey to tell us how your meetings went.
Lobby Day is merely a springboard for year-round advocacy. We encourage you to build upon the relationships you’ll create during 2020 Advocate by utilizing exclusive tools in the members-only NAA Advocacy365 Grassroots Resource Center and Knowledge Bank. The Knowledge Bank and Resource Center include the tools you need to have an effective relationship with your elected officials, both at home and in D.C. Stay up-to-date on best practices with how-to guides on scheduling meetings, inviting a legislator to tour your property and speaking confidently about key issues.
Watch a recording of the 2020 Advocate webinar to learn about this year’s issues and on how to conduct your meeting with your member of Congress!